News from Cornish Councils


From January 1st, 2004 legislation allows for elected parish councillors to receive an allowance to recompense them for the costs incurred in working on behalf of the parish or town. They are also entitled to claim travel and subsistance for work on behalf of the Council both in and outside of the parish.

The Cornwall County Remuneration Panel met on June 1st, 2004 and its report and recommendations on levels of allowances is published on June 16th, 2004.

In setting the levels of allowances payable to elected members, councils must give consideration to the recommendations of the panel. A copy of this report is available to all parish councils free of charge and is available from the Association. Contact the Office for further information.


Bodmin Town Council has become the first council to submit its application to achieve Quality Status. This badge of best practice is part of a government initiative to promote the role of town and parish councils. Further information can be obtained from the Association.


About Cornwall Parish and Town CouncilsWho's Who at the CAPTC
CAPTC Services
Government Legislation
Latest News
Events in Cornwall
Cornish Town and Parish Councils Online
Useful Links
National Association Information
Contacting CAPTC
Back to homepage
Cornwall Association of
Parish & Town Councils
11 Walsingham Place
Truro, Cornwall TR1 2RP
telephone & fax:  01872 260096

Our Partners & Sponsors


About CAPTC  |  Who's Who at the CAPTC  |  Member Services  |  Legislation  |  News  |  Events in Cornwall  | Cornish Councils Online  |  Useful Links  |  NALC Information  |  Contact Information | Sponsor: